We are hoping to book in our Carpet/Tiling, Kitchen and Electrical appointments as well.
We've been advised that the timeline from here is something like the following:
- Developer Requirements
- Landscaping Appointment -> Sign off on plans -> 5 working days to complete
- Colour Appointment -> External Colour Palette Sign off
- Then lodged to Developer for approval -> up to 10 working days for approval
- Colour & Landscaping Appointments -> Sign off
- DA Pack ordered -> 10 working days to complete
- DA Lodgement to Council -> 4-8 weeks for approval (if no amendments required)
- Waterboard Approval requested
- Engineering drawings requested
- Kitchen, Electrical, Tile/Carpet Appointments completed (in parallel to council lodgement)
- DA Approval received -> Construction Certificate Lodged -> 2 weeks to receive
- Pre-Tender Requested -> 5 working days to complete
- Construction Plans Drawn -> 5 working days to complete
- Construction Certificate received, Bank Documents received
- File signed off to construction
That's a lot of steps now that I type all that up! Our CSO said that she would be in contact with us at least once a week to update us on the progress of our file, in particular she said that when our application is with Council she will call to check up on it weekly and then let us know how it's going, whether by a call or email. It will be nice to know we won't have to do any chasing around because they will keep us in the loop and not make us wait around during periods of inactivity.
So looking at those steps, we are looking at a time line no less than 2 months. It would be great to see a slab in November, I think that's my target. I'm not actually sure if that's achievable, but I will try to remain optimistic. As long as we don't delay the appointments and we choose everything we need to and sign off as soon as we can, then it's out of our hands and we just have to wait!
I'll try to get back on here next week and tell you how the colours went and what we've chosen!
Can you wish us luck again?!