After we decided to take a break from continually calling around different developers, real estates, etc that are selling land in all the different parts of Edmondson Park we figured we would just wait it out. We figured we had two choices - we settle for something we are only 'ok' with, or wait for something else to pop up. We aren't exactly risk takers, so the latter was not appealing at all - but we didn't have the choice. Why would we settle for something we weren't both 100% on?
As mentioned in our previous post, one of the developers we had unfruitfully been attempting to contact finally returned one of calls about the final three blocks available in 'The Pinnacle' release of Macquarie Links.
Immediately we requested plans, prices, and there was a pretty little parcel that ticked all our boxes - budget, location, flatness, size and dimensions.
So there she is. Sorry about that terrible sign - when it's ours we'll take it down. The land is relatively flat, there's a bit of a rise at the front but it flattens out which is what we want.
We have received contract for the land this week, and have ordered soil tests, contour and bore hole reports to be done on the land in order to evaluate site costs by the builder. Apparently these were done yesterday, which means we should be receiving some indication as to how much extra we'll be paying to build on here!
After the reports have been completed, we'll receive a tender from our builder (which could still change at this point if we decide it's gone over budget!) and decide on whether we sign the contract for land.
Anything could happen from here - wishing ourselves luck for the coming weeks!