Monday 4 November 2013

Back to Bricks

Yes, we have changed our minds at the last minute!

I was about to send the signed off final variations last week...and I double and tripled checked everything...but the one thing that kept sticking in my mind were the bricks...

I love our colours, but I really wanted a smooth face brick. I just love the smooth look. We had already decided on the Escura Velour range though because of pricing, but when we were at The Ponds Display we saw some houses being built up and they were using the smooth brick. Ever since - I guess it's been stuck in my mind that I really really want smooth bricks!

So, we decided to get a new quote for the smooth range before signing the final variation.

Over the weekend, we visited Boral to have a last look at the colours as well so that when the quote came back this week we were ready to sign off, and we just both fell in love with the Smooth bricks! We decided to keep the same colours (Pearl Grey and Brown) but change to smooth.

I'm so excited about them! I've posted a couple of comparisons of the smooth and velour below. You can see how much of a difference it makes. And it's the EXACT same brick, just one side is smooth!



Escura Smooth Pearl Grey

Smooth (LHS) and Velour (RHS)

Cx

4 comments:

  1. Hi TheMilburns, thanks for passing by my blog. I will eagerly follow your blog as you are in the same boat as us.

    Could I ask you how are you managing the 6 months time for starting building from the tender ? We are worry to spend so much time in paperwork.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi VP, we came across a few issues with the plans (like the balcony issue I talk about in the blog post) plus a few other things. When we signed the contract, they had moved our start date back to end of January so that we wouldn't be subjected to the price increases because of what had happened - they were pretty good like that during the process, and had pushed the date back a couple of times because we were held up. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally read the whole blog!!! I am waiting for the next post. I suppose will be with the construction start date!!
    Keep posting and I hope everything goes smoothly now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you're enjoying our journey and are excited about starting yours. It's a roller coaster and is very time consuming that's for sure :) How far are you into the process now?

      Delete