Monday 9 June 2014

Wet Area Tiling, Sinks and Stone Benchtops

We saw a bit more progress this week, however we did not get the first coat of paint around the house as our SS advised would happen last week. We were also told that we won't actually be changing supervisors until probably handover after all...

I still feel like things are going a lot slower, with some of the cornices around the house not being completed e.g. our ensuite, bits of gyprock still need installing e.g. underneath the stairs, etc.

So this weekend when we visited on Saturday, they were still tiling the bathrooms so on Sunday we revisited and found these completed:
  • Alfresco tiling completed
  • Laundry floor tiling completed, stone benchtops installed with tub installed
  • Powder room floor tiling completed, stone benchtops installed with sink installed
  • Main bathroom floor and wall tiling completed, stone benchtops installed with sink installed
  • Ensuite bathroom floor and wall tiling completed, stone benchtops installed with sink installed
  • Kitchen stone bench tops and sink installed
I have to say, I was pretty upset with the way they have tiled our shower niches. I really don't understand why they had to cut the tiles within the niche - the tiles height-wise are larger than the niche, and should have fit so that there were no horizontal grout lines or joins, only vertical. I really don't understand! And there's really no way to fix it unless I ask them to tile it all over again...or we remove the tiles within the niche and put a different type of feature tile within it. I'm confused and devo about the situation right about now. Not sure what to do.

We also had our smart robe doors installed to the main bedroom. First of all, our main bedroom is pretty tiny with the way it's been designed. It would be nice for a Majestic 40, but for a house our size it barely fits a King bed (lengthwise, so even a queen as well). So that's a little disappointing too. Even going to the display home at the Ponds (Majestic 34) it looked fine to fit a king bed, so I don't really understand why our room is so small - But there's literally 60cm between the end of our bed and the wall. 

Anyway back to the smart robe - I had no idea that the doors were separated. Looking back at our plans, I can kind of see where it is now (a little black square??) but I guess it never clicked that is meant something and was never explained. So basically our wardrobe is split into three sections (open along the inside though) with two sliding doors for each section - isn't that so weird?? Also, they put our mirrored doors in the middle, when we wanted one on each end of the robe which has been marked on our plans specifically. Have a look here if you like, and tell me what you think.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty frustrated right at this point. Wisdom has clearly been busy with getting their new display homes done (has anybody else seen that they fully completed 4 or 5 new display homes in gregory hills within 4 months? that's where they've been sending their worker bees), our SS has not contacted us for our Friday updates two weeks in a row, his timelines are behind and we are never told why...and the whole weird shower niche tiling situation is making me feel like I have no choice, control or say in anything. I wasn't expecting these type of feelings for the last, what I thought would be, month of our build. 

I feel like handover is stretching further from our reach as the days pass...

Sorry for my rant, just needed to get that out. Hope everyone else is having much better progress than us :)

Cx


Alfresco tile - we are happy with the colour

Laundry tiles - will match our main tile

Powder room floor tile, stone top and basin

Caesarstone with waterfall

Shower in main bathroom

Main bathroom tiling completed, stone top and basin installed

Ensuite tiling completed

Ensuite stone top and vanity installed


1 comment:

  1. I kind of understand WH thinking about the niche (I think they tried to maintain the lines across the shower). However, I think there was another option: to move some cms above or below the niche so they didnt need to cut the tiles.

    Do you have any picture of the smart wardrobe?

    ReplyDelete